Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A good recipe

My daughter is a great cook. She is constantly on the lookout for good recipes. I tried one that she recently talked about on her blog. Well, it sounded good and I had all the ingredients in my frig and pantry so I did it.
The recipe, Chicken Stroganoff, came from the Taste of Home website. My daughter didn't follow it exactly. I did so there was a bit of difference but it was still great. I even took a picture of my offering. Notice that I added green peas and a couple of tomato chunks. When I was in high school I took home ec classes and they always stressed your meal should have colorful presentation. So that is what I did with this one. I did not use paprika this time. Maybe I will the next time I make it. However, I think I will go back to using beef. That seems to be more of a family favorite here.

1 comment:

amc said...

Very nice!! That looks better than the pic on the website! We had creamed spinach with ours, so we also had some nice color. The tomatoes would have also been a nice touch.