Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Trigger Finger, Spring and a recipe

It is most assuredly spring. Tulips, Forsythia and daffodils are everywhere and the trees are beginning to come to life. I hope to be able to get out into the yard soon to do some cleaning up, planting and such.

However it may take a couple more weeks. I just had surgery on my right hand (I am right handed of course) for Trigger finger... I had two fingers that were so bad I couldn't do much normal with the hand. So after cortisone shots and other treatments didn't work it was decided to go for the surgery. It was pretty simple apparently and I was back using my hand that evening.... except for the wrap and bandage. Now less than a week later it is about back to normal except for the stitches which will come out next week. Then I can get back to gardening and sewing and other fun things.

Everyone knows that FRENCH'S® French Fried Onions are yummy and great for the quintessential Thanksgiving recipe Green Bean Casserole. But they have added a new classic to their recipe list.......French's Crunchy Onion Chicken. My daughter introduced me to this awhile back and now it is a favorite in our house too. The recipe for this is at their website or conveniently on the can itself.
Last night I cooked it and added a pasta salad favorite to it. And..... we had homemade Banana Cream Pie too cause we had a few overripe bananas.

I didn't take a picture of the pie but here is the dinner as it was served..... Notice I used one of my Polish Pottery dishes for the honey mustard we use as a dip for the chicken.
The recipe for the pasta salad is simple Cook up a favorite pasta, we like bow ties (farfale). Add fresh baby spinach and feta cheese, crumbled. It can be mixed to your taste, more or less spinach, more or less feta. I got the idea for this from the Deli. They sell something similar there don't know if it is exactly the same but we like it the way I make it.

No comments: