Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Cats Like Salad Too!!




My cats are indoor cats so don't get to try out grass.... but I heard it might help, especially my long haired cat........... I looked up "Cat Greens" on line, followed the instructions and here is the result. My longhaired cat.... Spooky.... loves them so that is good. The shorthaired cat has no interest.

You need to get bulk grain...... Barley, flax seed and wheat berries, plant them and when they get to be about an inch tall you can put them out for the cat.
I found all the grains at the health food store.....

Here is a link to the actual way to do this....
http://www.10news.com/lorensfieldnotes/11013890/detail.html

The first batch I made got moldy.... so I redid.... this time I made sure there was drainage in the bottom of the pots. I put little pebbles in the pot before adding potting soil. This has prevented the mold so far.....

No comments: