As I mentioned a bit ago I had planned to make the Heritage doll house, by Dura Craft during January. But I changed my mind. Instead, I will be making another doll house that I happen to have in kit form. I bought it a while ago and had forgotten it. It is by Read Good Toys.
It will be easier to make I think as it is a better quality kit and some of the work is already done. The siding and the floors are already milled and there won't be near as much sanding and mess either.
So I have started staining the roof shingles. I am using a blue grey paint wash instead of stain. It will give me more of the color I want. Yesterday I got about half of the shingles stained. Today I plan to finish the second half. The picture below is the first half of the shingles I did yesterday. I have a long way to go. I like the way each shingle is a bit of a different shade. That will look more natural I think than if they were all the same. Shingles do age differently over time.