Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our Grass is BLUE



Finally on Wed. of last week the Blue Grass Festival began. We had to drive a long way to get to this one. Much longer than usual but it was so worth it.

Here is our little home away from from at the festival:
Many of the top BlueGrass artists were performing. I will list some of the best.....
Rhonda Vincent and the Rage, The Grascals, Dailey and Vincent, Gold Wing Express,
Ralph Stanley and the Clinch Mountain Boys. There were 27 groups in all, over 4 days. I would have thought we had our fill but we are going to another festival, a local one, this weekend.
NOW........... if you don't follow bluegrass at all none of these names will mean a thing to you but they are at the top of the charts and have all won lots of awards from the IBMA. Just click on their names if you want to learn more about the groups.


My husband said I was running around like a teeny bopper at a rock concert getting autographs, taking pics, having pics taken with them. Well, maybe I was but it was fun. Here I am with Jamie Dailey from Dailey and Vincent.

















And now I am surrounded by Gold Wing Express.


This is a picture of three members of Carolina Road. The fiddler on the left is Josh Goforth who just happens to be a distant cousin. My brother did the genealogy thing and it is true.



Rhonda Vincent of Rhonda Vincent and the Rage Her sponsor is Martha White Flour which I used to use when we lived in the south. Her group always sings the theme song now. Years ago it was sung often by Flatt and Scruggs.





I took a lot more pictures but won't be putting them here. If you want to see more of these artists you will just have to go to a blue grass festival yourself.

No comments: