Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Trip to the Beach

It is rainy, cool and dreary here so what better day to think about Sun and the Beach.

While on our trip to New England we stopped to visit friends in Gloucester, Mass. They live very near to Long Beach, just a short walk actually so we took a leisurely stroll. It was a beautiful day, weather wise and because it was a work day the beach was not as full as it would be the next day. So it was a good time for us to be there.As you can see there weren't the big crowds like on weekends but those who were there were enjoying themselves. There are a lot of rental homes along the beach and close by so, if you like the beach, it would be a great place for a vacation.Or to build a fancy beach house.

Just across the harbour from the beach are The Twin Lights. It was such a beautiful day the picture really show well.

Gloucester has great restaurants, fun shops and lots of good sightseeing. We hope to go back soon and get to see a lot more.

The next town north of Gloucester is Rockport, another great tourist destination. We ate at Brackett's restaurant while there........... And I had my first clam dinner of the trip.

Tomorrow I will interrupt my trip again to show pictures of my latest projects. I am making a coverlet to use in the winter when I sit on the couch watching tv.

So until then..................

No comments: