Sunday, November 8, 2009

My Herb Garden is trying to get thte best of me.............

BEWARE, THERE ARE SOME SCAREY PICTURES TO FOLLOW
This is a VERY embarrassing picture of my herb garden out of control. The weather was lousy for the most part this summer, we did a lot of traveling and I had other things I would rather do so I let this get out of hand. (Those are my excuses and I am sticking to them.) Now I did harvest when I wanted something like chives, thyme, sage and so on. But for some reason I never cut back the herbs I did not harvest. And lots of grassy weeds got in as well. So I have learned my lesson as I tried, yesterday to get it back into some sort of order.


Well I did get a start but I had neglected it for so long, the weeding part, not the harvesting, that It will no doubt take more than one day of work. Here are a couple of pictures of after the major weeding. I still have a lot more work to do. But some may wait until the spring to see what survives and what to replace and add.












The bushy looking herb is Southern Wood, something I like to hang in my closets. It is a great moth preventive and smells so much better than those camphor balls. I harvest some yesterday and will do more today probably. I am so thankful that the weather is good today. Temps should be in mid 60s which means I won't mind spending time out there.






Here are three of the herbs I did harvest yesterday. Parsley, Sage and Southernwood. The parsley is about done for the year. I put it in a glass of water and put it in the refrigerator. From past experience I know this will make it last longer if I change the water often.

The sage is hanging up to dry now and should be ready for Thanksgiving, hope you agree Amanda.

My chives are still doing fine though I pruned them quite a bit. I should be able to get a few more meals from them.
The Southernwood will go up in one of our closets. And I will harvest the rest of it today to hang in another closet












































































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I read this forum since 2 weeks and now i have decided to register to share with you my ideas. [url=http://inglourious-seo.com]:)[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,Just registered here and looking to have a great time. I am looking for the best cash gifting program out there in the internet. Can you guide me?

Below are some sites that I found and I am not sure how much they are going to help me.
[url=http://www.squidoo.com/Residual-Cash-Forever-Cash-Gifting-System]cash gifting[/url]
[url=http://www.squidoo.com/Residual-Cash-Forever-Cash-Gifting-System]join cash gifting[/url]
[url=http://www.squidoo.com/Residual-Cash-Forever-Cash-Gifting-System]best cash gifting program[/url]

Anonymous said...

Making money on the internet is easy in the underground world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat community[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you don't know what blackhat is. Blackhat marketing uses alternative or little-understood avenues to generate an income online.