Monday, December 14, 2009

Altered Art and Christmas

Getting packages wrapped and in the mail and working on Christmas Cards has slowed me down in my hobbies and my blogging.

But an altered Art lady named Mary Ann Moss has saved the day. I am so excited about a new project class I am doing with her. My good friend Anne is taking the class too so we have each other to encourage and push on.

I have finished the Artist Class I was taking and the 12 Days of Christmas projects I signed up for.
So now, once the cards get out in the mail I will have time again to Play. Unless my antique shop gets too busy, which I doubt, since Christmas time is NOT my busiest time out there.

This is an early Christmas present from my husband. He is getting his hobby stuff for his gift from me. The class is called Mary Ann Moss' Remains of the Day: A Shabby Journal of Scraps. This class is going to stretch me quite a bit, not in the usual realm of things I do ... But hey, that is good for me. The first lesson is to make the cover. I have finished the inside and today will work on the outside of it. My sewing machine will get some use beyond doing mending.

A few months ago I bought a huge amount of scrap material from a home decorating fabric shop near me. I am pulling that out of my stash today to start selecting the pieces I will use for the outside of the cover. I have already used a few pieces for pillow but that is all.
I will report in tomorrow on the results of today's play.

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'm so glad you'll be taking this class too, Bethl. Your fabric stash is absolutely gorgeous and I'm sure your cover will be also. Can't wait to see what you've done.
Anne ~ gsolfot