Thursday, December 10, 2009

Giving the tree the trim

I finally got the Christmas tree up. Actually to tell the truth it is a new artificial one. When I went to put up the old one I realized the stand was missing. I tried to buy a new stand but it was too big. SO.... I broke down and got a new tree. It is actually nicer looking than the old one because it has the tiny lights on it and there is more space to show off all my ornaments.

The ornaments are only ones that I have made or have been given to me as an exchange or a gift. AND a couple I bought cause they were so appropriate. I just found more ornaments I had made this year and must get them up on the tree but the pictures are already taken last night. So those are the ones that I will show.

A few of my prize ornaments are ones that I have received from my wonderful needlework friends. We have an exchange every year. This group is one I got involved with many years ago on prodigy. (in the early 90s I think.) This great group has grown a bit over the years and unfortunately we have three members over the years but they are still remembered. The group and this exchange is going strong. The great thing is that each of us have met several of the members of the group. And since the group has been going so long we really do know each other.


The above 4 ornaments are ones I have received in the exchange from Vicky, Heidi, Fran and Joanie.

The line in the title of this blog is from one of my favorite Christmas Songs. Mistletoe and Holly sung by Frank Sinatra. Here is a link so you can hear the song.

No comments: