Sunday, December 20, 2009

We are going to have a White Christmas and I finished my book cover.

Yesterday the east coast of the US got plummeted by snow. Luckily we were just on the backwards edge so only got about 3 inches, not the foot or two many of the coastal areas received. The sun is out today and it is quite pretty. I took a couple of pictures to document it for us and thought I would include them here.


Here is a picture of the poor lawn chairs out on the patio just off of our deck. They look sad and lonely.

But on to better things. I am pretty sure my cover is done.... unless I think of something else to add to it. I made a tie for it which is connected at the flap. This picture shows it open.

And here it is closed.
Next week we will start adding things to the inside. Mostly from recycled items. It should be interesting.



4 comments:

Cynthia of Cynful Creations said...

Beth, that's a fabulous cover! I especially like the feather.

Jennifer said...

Lovely! The large feather is wonderful and I adore that tie ... cool!

Laura Kay said...

Your cover looks great! I am also in the class.

magpie said...

Your cover is wonderful.
beautifully composed and elegant. Great palette. It will be a joy to fill. I'm still awaiting the arrival of my (first ever) sewing machine.