Friday, March 5, 2010

The computer crashes, only one square done.

My brand new computer "crashed" a couple of days ago and I just spent the better part of the last two days, when I didn't have customers in my antique shop, starting all over again. I am thankful that I keep all my files on an external hard drive so the only thing I really lost was all the basic programs so I have been doing a LOT of reinstalling.
But here I am again. I am WAY BEHIND on my Stitch A Long though I did manage to get the linen piece out, marked and the first square done. I am "hopeful" I can get back at it today, though I have a shop to tend and some other things to do.

I always have enjoyed doing ribbon embroidery so decided I would do some of that on this piece. The first one is a flower. And I am couching gold ribbon around the outside edge. So here is a picture of the first square


To do this I used what is called the ribbon stitch. And put a little pearl in the middle. I may add a few more beads between the petals when I find the right kind of beads. My beading supplies aren't very organized but I know I must have something. Later on today I hope to start the interior outlining of the squares but haven't decided on the color or type of floss yet. I also have selected two more patterns to put in the next two squares but obviously have to find a LOT more.

No comments: