Sunday, March 7, 2010

My stitch a long continues

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Temps up into the 50s and sun high in the sky melting away the snow. Today promises to be more of the same. I noticed my daffodils are not far from blooming.
Because of the nice weather my antique shop overflowed with customers. That is why I never got these pics posted yesterday.
All you folks that live in areas where you don't have a real winter will never know the wonder of a day like that, the promise of more and just the general well being you feel. I know, it it sort of like hitting your head against the wall cause it feels so good when you stop. But seriously I personally love the four seasons. And I enjoy as each changes to the next.

At last I have some more stitches to show. I am only 2 days behind now. If you click on the picture you can see the picture large and perhaps get more detail.

I am continuing with my silk ribbon embroidery. All are flowers because that is what Silk Ribbon embroidery seems to be about. I hope to get a few more done today.

Once I run out of ideas for this part I will probably switch over to more standard embroidery using floss of which I have a lot of different types. We shall see as time goes on though.

I am using some of my Judith Baker Montano books on Silk Ribbon Embroidery. They are excellent books if you decide you want to try some of this type of embroidery.

I hope when I say I will be back tomorrow with more I mean it but you never know.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Your silk ribbon embroidery is beautiful. I especially like your rose.

NicNacManiac said...

Very pretty...Love the pink flowers!!
I might try using some ribbon!
Glad your computer is back and running and hopefully so will your husband soon!! Happy Sunday!!

Anne said...

Beth, the flowers are gorgeous! What kind of floss are you using with the ribbon? I have silk ribbon that is 2mm and 4mm and larger, of course. The ribbon embroidery looks like fun to do. (Like I really need another hobby. lol)

Anne ~ Gsolfot

Lisa Super said...

Hi!

I'm doing Stitch-a-Long with you. I wanted to go through and visit everyone and leave a comment if I love what you're doing...and I love what you're doing!

Lisa

GardenDesigner said...

these are beautiful!! keep up the great job!!!!
wow !! wow!!!

~Vanessa

Mine dont even hae pics taken yet!!! LOL

Vanessa