Saturday, July 24, 2010

I am back again...........................

Wow, I have been along time away from this blog.  After my accident, the fall,  I just couldn't seem to get back to it. I have recuperated from that and have been rather busy doing things.  Just not blogging.   During this time we have been to two blue grass festivals, had a visit from my sister and brother in law and to our favorite farm and flea market in Leesport.  We also found another good one in Reedsville, Pa.  I have taken lots of pictures and hope to get them posted over the next week or so.  I have done two art swaps during this time, but   just swapping supplies, not the actual art.  I just can't seem to get myself to do much art but I am blaming it on the weather.
     I started taking pictures today after I went out to my antique shop and found Bentley the cat resting in a baby cradle that is filled with a small rug and some quilts.  He sure does know how to find nice places for naps.

Since I had the camera with me I took a few pictures of my yard on the way from the shop to the house.  The first thing that caught my eye was these two lilies growing close to each other.  Aren't they bright and cheerful.
 Next I looked at the Rudbeckia (black eyed susan.)  they are always plentiful at this time of year.  The big problem is that they are quite invasive and have pushed out all but one of the Echinacea (Purple Cone Flower) that were growing there.  But I still love the Rudbeckia!!!  
Here is a cute little planter I found at a flea market in Reedsville, PA.  Those hens and chicks are using the log as a planter.  The same lady had an old pocket book filled with hens and chicks.  There are some creative folks out there.  Here is a picture of the one that I bought.  It was so reasonable priced I couldn't leave it!

I have lots more pictures but will save them for another day.

1 comment:

Sandra from Sydney said...

Hi Beth, great to see you back again! The flowers are beautiful.
Hugs,
Sandra (Snippets from my Studio)
gsolfot