Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bottles as Art

A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that I was taking a class in bottle art.  I am glad it is on line because I can take my time!!!

The first part has been a lot of decoupage and so therefore is slow, at least it is for me.  Glue gets everywhere and I have to keep letting it dry before I can move on.

So far I have done three layers.  I took a picture of the first layer, the gold paper, ( a heavy crinkled paper) then I didn't take a picture after I added the purple stringy stuff.... ) but I did take a picture of it with the gold stringy stuff added on top.  Don't you love my descriptions.  Actually both the purple and the gold were some sort of ribbons I got from the Berwick/Offrey ribbon outlet, a favorite source in a nearby town. I tore them up before I added them.

So here are the pictures.  I plan to add ribbons, beads, button and more "stuff" but this is it for the moment.

With the gold crinklly paper and the picture that sets the theme.

The purple and gold stringy stuff added.

Here is a closeup so you can see better what it looks like.





 I won't be able to work on this for awhile, so be patient with me.  But I promise I will show more pictures when I do the next step.

No comments: