Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Tea Cup Tuesday.

Last Tuesday I showed one of my favorite teacups as my first entry with  Tea Cup Tuesday.  This Tuesday I decided to show three teacups.

When I was in college I joined a sorority and our flower was the violet.  So for some of the early tea cups that I purchased they just had to have violets on them.  The one on the left is a Royal Albert tea cup.  I think it is the most beautiful.  In the center there is a teacup that I bought back in the late 60s when we went to New Orleans.  There is a label on the bottom that says it is from a shop called Dupree's. Don't know if it still exists. This teacup is a Gladstone Bone china teacup. The one on the right is a Royal Grafton.  There are all bone china, all made in England and all much loved.
     I wonder what I will find to show you next week.

5 comments:

Wanda Lee said...

What a sweet little trio of teacups!..,I love the motifs especially!.., Just darling;really beautiful!

Thanks for sharing them with us!..,


~Please do also come by and enjoy this week's delightful; 'Tuesday And Wednesday Teatime In Blogland'!..,

..,Also you are most welcome to join us for our weekly blog tea parties; for my 44th, 'Tuesday Tea For Two', my 35th, 'Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee', as well as for my shared meme with my dear friend Pam for our 16th, 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'; there are many new delights that await you this week!

..,We always love having new folks join us!..,

Your blog teacup post is not only wonderful; it's just perfect for the broader 'tea-lightul', experience of; 'Tuesday Teatime In Blogland'!

Have a marvelous week! ~ Hope to see you soon dear lady!


Cheers and hugs from wanda Lee

Brenda ~ Shabby Cats and Roses said...

Hello Beth, these are such sweet teacups you've shown us this week. Lovely purple violets :)

Happy Tea Tuesday!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Msartist said...

I love your cup trio. Purple is my favorite color so it would be hard to choose between those cups~
Drop by for tea and still time to enter my giveaway! Msartist Sew Crafty-Theresa

parTea lady said...

Your three teacups are beautiful and I like the violet sorority theme. The Royal Albert cup is stunning.

KathyB. said...

Three violet teacups, very pretty violet teacups. You can easily set a very pretty tea table with all 3 looking as if they belong together.