Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tea Cup Tuesday

 Tea Cup Tuesday

Here I am with my 4th Tea Cup Tuesday entry.  Last week I told you I had purchased two tea cups when I went to New Brunswick.  Here is the second one.

If you look closely you may notice that this one is very similar to one of the violet teacups I showed a couple of weeks ago. They are both part of a series of Canadian Provincial Flowers.  The violet one, two weeks ago represented New Brunswick.  The one this week is the provincial flower of  Newfoundland and LabradorIt is the Pitcher Plant.  Lovely don't you think.    

It is another Royal Albert tea cup.  I like a number of different brands of the bone china tea cups but Royal Albert is definitely my favorite. 

 Here is a link to more information on the provincial flowers of Canada.

12 comments:

Princesa Nadie said...

Relly lovely!
Meeting you has been a pleasure
Happy tea cup afternoon

Marie said...

Very pretty...really love those vivid colors. Stopping by from Tea Cup Tuesday.
-marie

Msartist said...

Stunning cup! The bright flowers against the black with gold. I hope you are enjoying your Tea Tuesday~
Theresa

Terri said...

Royal Albert does the nicest series! These province tea cups are wonderful. I love how vibrant the flowers are on it. Beautiful.
Hugs,
Terri

Snap said...

Royal Albert really does make some special cup and saucers. This is a lovely teacup and what fun to have the provincial flowers of Canada. Happy Tea Day!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

I just popped over from Martha and Terri's Teacup Tuesday. Your tea cup and saucer is just stunning with the black background. Happy Tea Cup Tuesday, Connie

Bookie said...

I have seen very few tea cups with black...this is gorgeous one!

Terri Gordon said...

Hello, Oh I love your beautiful tea cup, so pretty, Royal Albert is one of my favorite makers. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day. Terri

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

OMG!!
That tea cup is to die for!!
Very elegant and LOVE the colors!!

Debbie

Appleshoe said...

What fun and vibrant colors. I've been noticing a lot of bright colors lately on posts. Your teacup is a joy and its handle is so unique and lovely. I love seeing other people’s lovelies. Thanks for posting this. Take care.

GardenofDaisies said...

Your teacup is beautiful!! My Mom has a couple from that provincial flowers collection. And I agree that Royal Albert makes some of the most beautiful china!! I have the Memory Lane, and several other individual teacups as well.

parTea lady said...

Your teacup today is beautiful. I love the black background with the beautiful pitcher plant design.

I must look up the cup for Ontario (where I was born and raised), which I believe would be the trillium, and add it to my collection.