Monday, September 6, 2010

Tea Cup Tuesday

This has been a fast week.  Suddenly we are back at Tea Cup Tuesday.

 Tea Cup Tuesday
This week I am sharing with you a teacup that features Lily of the Valley.   
 The cup and saucer is a Royal Dover.  Bone China from England.  I know, not a Royal Albert.
  But I do like other types as well.
This one has special meaning because it was one of the favorite flowers of my Mother in Law.  She is no longer with us.  But when I see Lily of The Valley or Violets growing in the spring I always think of her.

I remember when the kids were little and we would visit her, they would go out into the field in front of her house and pick wildflowers for her.  They would occasionally find Lily of the Valley and Violets.  The two flowers also grow at the graveyard where she is buried.  Too bad they only bloom for a short time each year.
.
 Lily of the Valley and Violets are two of my favorite spring flowers as well.  I have them growing almost wild here in my yard in the spring.  What a treat it is.

10 comments:

Laura's Rose Garden said...

Hello Beth,
I love violets and lily-of-the-valley, too. Your teacup and saucer are lovely. How lovely that it reminds you of your mother-in-law.
Thanks for sharing. Happy Teacup Tuesday!
Warm hugs, Laura

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

What a stunning tea cup and saucer and how special that it reminds you of your MIL. How sweet!!

Debbie

Terri said...

This is a beautiful set! I love lily of the valley and violets as well. They are the tiny beauties of spring and smell of heaven to me.
What a lovely way to remember your mother in law.
Hugs,
Terri

Vicki said...

Hi, Beth,
Your lily of the valley cup and saucer is very sweet and made even sweeter because of the memories of your mother in law. Your garden must be beautiful each spring with the violets and lily of the valley growing there. Happy Tea Time to you, friend~Vicki

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Beth!
I love your lily of the valley teacup! And as Vicki said its even sweeter since it comes with such dear memories for you.
They grow wild in Spring with the violets in our yard also and the combination is irresistable :-)
I enjoyed seeing your special treasure!
Hugs and Smiles,
Lynn

Dawn said...

What lovely flowes and I do like the Canadian ones too!

Love Dawn xx

Brenda ~ Shabby Cats and Roses said...

Hello, such a lovely & sweet teacup, and even more that it holds special memories for you :)

Wishing you a Happy Tea Tuesday!!

Warmest hugs, Brenda

Bookie said...

Lily of the Valley....so nice!

Rita said...

Dear Beth,
this is my first visit to your delightful blog and certainly won't be the last.
I love your tea cup with the lily of valley decor: so dainty and pretty to look at. romantic and feminine!
thank you for sharing
rita

parTea lady said...

Your lily of the valley teacup is lovely. It has such nice a nice shape.