Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I have often thought it would be fun to own a bookstore

So now I shall.  Albeit in miniature.

I know, lately I have spent a lot of time talking about tea cups, dolls, outdoors and campers.  But as the weather cools off it is time to get back to making miniatures.

My local Miniature club is taking on a rather large project  for the new year.  We will be making a mall and apartment house complex.  Each member is making up a room box in some sort of shop or apartment.  Loving bookstores as I do I have decided that I will turn my room box into just such a store.  But not just any book store.  I want to make it with an EDGE.  Perhaps steampunk, or at least industrial looking.

At this point it is merely in the planning stage.

I know I have to obtain a LOT of books.  I have ordered some and will make a lot more.  I had a lesson once on making mini books from old leather books.  Hope I still remember how.

Anyone with suggestions on how or what I should include let me know in the comments.

2 comments:

Terri said...

I love the project you and your group are embarking on. I don't have any ideas for you, but I too would love to create a bookstore. I don't know any thing about steampunk. I look forward to seeing what you create.
Hugs,
Terri

Sandra from Sydney said...

Wow, what an ambitious project- it will be wonderful when completed. A couple of the Sydney clubs did something similar and they looked great. I don't know about steam punk either so will watch with interest. I hope you will share progress photos as you do your roombox - it sounds fascinating. Good luck with all those books.
Hugs
Sandra (Snippets from my Studio)
gsolfot