Sunday, January 9, 2011

I worked on my quilt, sort of.

q While my cats were napping yesterday I was working on my new quilt project.


     I spent a couple of hours on it yesterday afternoon.    The first thing I had to do was a LOT of cutting with my rotary cutter and mat.  Then I did the next step which was to start sewing some parts together and cutting them again.  Sort of like a puzzle.  I had to go very slowly and measure a lot.  But have to admit it is fun and I sure am enjoying doing the stitching on my new machine.  The first picture here shows the pile of some of the parts I cut and the second shows some sort of put together.  Lots more to do.


During the day it snowed off and on, but since I didn't have to go anywhere it was a lovely way to spend the afternoon.   Oh yeah, my antique shop was open  but not so busy because of the weather, so I wasn't interrupted too much.

I hope to have more to show you tomorrow.  Maybe some things actually beginning to look like a quilt top.

1 comment:

Jacoba said...

That looks very intriguing, what you are making! Look forward to seeing the result!
Radiant spring like sunshine over here!