Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Daisy, Daisy

Yesterday I was able to pick up the quilt project I had inadvertently left at the quilt shop.  Here it is.  This square is not quite done.  the daisy needs a center circle.  Then I need to make three more which I plan to start  today.  I will show my progress here in the next couple of days.  I have gotten all the parts cut out and the petals stitched.  So it shouldn't take quite as long as the first one.
If you click on the picture you can see a larger view and you will be able to see the machine applique.  I am still learning on this new machine but it turned out pretty well.  The best thing about this technique is now smooth the petals are.  I am very pleased so far.

As to our snow, it is melting away thanks to the sun.  There is only a little over an inch out there now., except where the snow was shoveled up.  It is due tp rain again this week.... maybe this time?????

1 comment:

Greg and Diane Hayden said...

Very pretty. Seeing your square gives me the itch to start quilting again. Lord knows I have plenty of fabric stashes.