Friday, May 27, 2011

I feel like we are living in a RAIN FOREST

Having lived in Puerto Rico for three years, not too far away from the El Yunque Rainforest, I am having deja vu type feelings as I look in our yard.  Because of all the rain we have had our yard is so lush and green.  I think our flowers are the happiest they have ever been.  And my poor husband is nearly worn out from mowing.  Well maybe not.

Here are some of the pictures I took yesterday.  If you click on each picture it will get bigger and you can probably see it better.
 The chives in my herb garden are going crazy.  I should cut some!


 I love the colors in this big basket. 


This picture shows the boy planter I got a couple of years ago.  AND a "stump" planter that has hens and chicks in it. I got this last summer from a lady over in Reedsville, PA at a flea market.  I didn't have to do anything special to have them winter over.  Just left them in the stump and placed it in a corner of the house, outside.  It was a bit protected but don't know that it even mattered.  They have come back with a vengence.

 Here is the girl planter that I bought at the same time as the boy planter.  

 Here is a single Purple Iris competing for sun and space with a large group of tiger lilies.  
They will be ready to bloom after the Iris has done its thing.

 I tucked a small six pack of these little pansies, or maybe Johnny Jumpups in a planter and tucked it into a garden that is filled with black eyed susans.  They will bloom in the fall.  I hope the pansies will keep on doing their thing.
 More Purple Iris.  These are in another garden.
 and here are some Yellow Iris.  I didn't get a good picture cause they are in a shady area in the garden. They don't seem to mind the shade though.  There are more pretty areas.  I will save them for another day.

1 comment:

Chris said...

I love your variety of planters! I especially like the boy and girl ones - I'm seeing fancy heeled shoes on the girl, though it would probably topple the whole thing over, lol!