Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday



Here I am again on Tea Cup Tuesday.  Be sure to visit the other sites after you visit me.
(Just click here...  to go to the site that has the list of those participating.)


Here are pictures of the two tea cups and saucers I bought at the flea market this weekend.  They are decorated wth violets which are my favorite flower.  When I was in my college they were my sorority's flower so have double reason to love them.

My sorority was founded in Maine and I lived there for many years.   Violets grow wild there in spring time.  Happily, when I moved to Pennsylvania I found more.  My back yard is filled with them in the spring time.

Here are the two sets I bought.  The first one has no name on the bottom so probably was made in Japan, maybe in the 40s or 50s, and it is just missing the sticker.  It is a dainty size with a nice edge.



The second one was made in Japan for sure as you can see from the label on the bottom.  It is such an unusual shape and almost demi-tasse size and of course covered with sprays of violets.  Just had to buy it.




Now I normally just buy bone china cups and saucers but for some reason I was really drawn to these two.
I will have them on display just as soon as I decide where to put them.

So what do you think of the teacups and saucers I chose this week.

5 comments:

Snap said...

I love the cups you choose for this week. I love purple/lavender. So pretty! Happy Tea Day!

Terri said...

Oh your two new tea cups are beautiful! I love the Japanese patterns one can find. The shapes too are often gorgeous like yours. What a fabulous find!
Hugs,
Terri

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I just love the tea cups. Both of them are so beautiful. That great treasures. Thank you for sharing them with us and for joining Tea Cup Tuesday. Blessings, Martha

Sandra from Sydney said...

Beth I love violets too, and I love pretty cups and saucers so of course I love the cups and saucers you bought. They are so delicate looking and pretty. Great buys.
Sandie (Snippets from my Studio)

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

lindissima xicara!