Monday, July 11, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday

Another Tea Cup Tuesday has arrived. 
After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
or
http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com 


When I was visiting the flea market recently I saw a lot of cups and saucers and bought three.  I will be showing one set this week and save the other two for the next two weeks.
 The tea cup and saucer I am sharing with you today is a sweet hand painted set by Colclough.
I didn't know much about the Colclough China company so I looked it up.  Here is the website telling about it's history.
http://www.focusoncolclough.co.uk/colclough_history.htm 





Hope you like the set I have chosen for today.

8 comments:

GardenofDaisies (Gayle) said...

What a pretty teacup! I love the blue flowers! And the shape on the edge of the cup and saucer adds some interest too.

Martha's Favorites said...

I love this tea cup. The colors and flowers are so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. I am going to go read some History. Blessings, Martha

Antiques And Teacups said...

Lovely! I love Colclough....and the predecessor Booth's. Lovely teacup.
Ruth

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

Your hand painted teacup by Colclough is gorgeous! I look forward to reading a little bit about this company. Thank you for sharing the link with us. Have a great day!

Johanna said...

Hi Beth,
very charming tea cup. Love the pretty blue. Thank you for sharing your treasure.
Best greetings, Johanna

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

I do like the set that you chose for this week!! Very pretty!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Snap said...

I really like the big blue flowers! Thank you for sharing the history. Happy Tea Day!

Suz said...

Those are the sweetest flowers! I love the shades of blue. Thanks for sharing. This is only my second tea cup tuesday. I would love to have you visit if you have time.

Fondly,
Suz