Monday, July 18, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday

It is time for Tea Cup Tuesday again.  They seem to come faster and faster! 
After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
or
http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com 


This week I have another tea cup and saucer set that I bought from the flea market a couple of weeks ago.  This set is from Salisbury Crown China.  I am not showing the mark on the bottom of the plate because I couldn't get a good picture of it.


I don't know a whole lot about this china company either.  But after a bit of on line research I learned this much about the company:

Salisbury Crown China was a firm based in Longton, Staffordshire founded in 1927 and 
taken over by Thomas Poole of Longton in 1961.
 

The design is lovely Pansies!.   Pansies are one of my favorite flowers so am always drawn to them.
It appears to be partially hand painted over perhaps a transfer pattern.  I am not expert enough to know for sure.  




I hope you like this weeks choice.

8 comments:

Snap said...

I love pansies! The color on your tea cup is wonderful and I love the shape. Pretty! Happy Tea Day!

Antiques And Teacups said...

That is a super teacup! The design is done with a sepis transfer process and then hand colored by an artist. It was made in the 1930s and the ruffled rim is quite unusual. You found a treasure! Thaks for sharing!
Ruth

Beth said...

Ruth, thanks for that information on the way the teacup is decorated. I really do love this teacup!

Suz said...

I love pansies, too. This is a charming cup. I didn't realize that people painted over transfers. I was always so amazed at the art talent in my family!!!

I am new to the love of tea cups and would love a visit.

http://katsuijewelry.blogspot.com

Fondly,
Suz

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: What a beautiful tea cup. I love the scallop edges. Those are one of my favorite style cups. Thank you for joining us this week. It has been a pleasure getting to know you. Blessings, Martha

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

belissima peça!

Marianne C. said...

Hello, Beth...

Your pansy teacup/saucer is wonderful..the flowers are so pretty and I do like the ruffle edge on the cup. What a delight to sip tea from.

Enjoy you day,
Marianne

Terri said...

There are so many things I love about your tea cup and saucer. First, I love the shape, the cup and the ruffled edges trimmed in gold. The flowers on the cup too are very pretty. What a great find!
Hugs,
Terri