Sunday, July 10, 2011

A yummy dinner and my Full Tilt Boogie Journal

I did finally put my first Full Tilt Boogie journal today but before I show that I will show a quick picture of our dinner last night.

We lived in Puerto Rico for three years and learned to like several of the more typical fare.  One thing we learned to enjoy was Plantain...  a type of banana unlike the ones we are used to here in the US.  There are recipes for using it when it is not yet ripe... and when it is VERY ripe.  That is our favorite.  You wait until it is nearly black.... then slice like french fries and deep fry it.  Very sweet.  So we had that for dinner last night along with deep fried Tilapia and a pepper, onion and kidney bean melange....  Puerto Rican's eat a LOT of beans!

Here is the picture of the dinner.

But now on to the Full Tilt Boogie Journal I am making.  I started working on it a few weeks ago and remarked on it here............  Click here to read that blog entry if you want.

So by working a bit yesterday and today, in between customers in my antique shop, I managed to put the book together and am pleased.  I would not win any awards for the stitching but it fine... I will get better. After gluing and such today I will be letting it sit and dry well before I go ahead and work on it. It may not be for another week but now that the book is finished it will call out to me I am sure!!!

A couple of weeks ago I went through my digital photos and arranged to have print copies made at out local CVS drugstore.  I will use some of those pics in the journal.  I will include pictures of the garden in winter and summer and the birds and animals that visit as well as some pictures of our cats.  It will just fill up as I feel inspired.

The book I ended up using was not one I showed in the first blog entry.  This was an old business journal I found at a local flea market for $1.00.  I added a piece of scrapbook paper to the cover, to cover up some messiness.

So here are the pictures.

 The next three pictures show some of the pages.  Some are full pages, some are just strips to which I will attach pictures.  Others are blank for journaling.  Or what ever. I used mostly scrapbooking paper, some journal pages and some blank water color paper.



 And after I was almost finished I found these nifty buttons in a vintage button box from my shop.  The little flowers in the middle are mother of pearl.  I really liked them and think they are perfect for my book.

Here is to Mary Ann Moss for another great and inspiring class!

5 comments:

Michelle LaPoint Rydell said...

Your journal looks awesome! I love the different patterns of the papers, and the cover is gorgeous with those beautiful vintage buttons!

Holly said...

Hi Beth! Congrats on finishing up your first FTB journal. The binding looks great and I like the pics of some of the pages you posted too. The plantains also look great!

Nancy Lynn said...

Your journal looks fabulous. You did a fabulous job. And I love those buttons....just a perfect touch.

mary ann said...

Beth the buttons & journal look GOOD!
those teacups in the post below are incredible...wow!

Joyfulploys said...

I love the cover...great job! You have some very pretty teacups.