Monday, September 12, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday

Time for Tea Cup Tuesday............


After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
or
http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com 

Before I get into my tea cup Tuesday entry I want to mention what has been going on in my area the past few days.  We have just had Historic Highs Flooding in my town and many other towns along the Susquehanna River and its Tributaries here in Pennsylvania.  It also affected a LOT of towns in Southern New York as well. After all the problems from Irene the Red Cross and National Guard didn't need anything else to do but they are here in full force.
I wanted to say that my house is high and relatively dry.  The cellar took on water when the sump pump stopped working for a couple of hours.  There was a LOT of rain coming down here.  My husband and I have spent the last few days drying out everything we could save.  There is still a pile out front waiting for taking to a dumpster.  We are also extremely lucky because we have a well for our water.  The town water has been off since last Thursday I think.  And will be for another day or two.  
All that being said, here is a link you should be able to take to see pictures of the flooding in my immediate area... Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania.  It is from the local newspaper, Press Enterprise.  This area often gets floods but this is the highest the waters have even gotten.  Not a pretty picture.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.275638549115927.75837.122253831121067&type=1
 But now back to the real purpose of this blog entry.

I collect a lot of tea cups but you really need to have sugar and creamer sets to have a real tea party.  Here are a couple of sets I saw at the flea market in New Brunswick.

This first one is a dainty looking set which you could use anytime, or save for St. Patrick's Day.
It reminds me of the Beleek china which also has the tiny clovers but this is a bit more sturdy than that one.



And another one features yellow roses, I have had the cup and saucers that go with it. But couldn't find any today to add to this.


Hope you enjoyed seeing some of the sugar and creamer sets.  Next week I will get back to cups and saucers.  I have a number of them I bought to add to my collection.  Can't wait to share them.


9 comments:

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
I love both cream and sugar sets! You are so right, the first one does look like Beleek. Did I spell that right???
The second set with the yellow roses is gorgeous too. I am always on the look out for cream and sugar sets. And yours are two I would certainly bring home!
Hugs,
Terri

Johanna said...

Hi Beth,
omg, that flood is really no fun. I hope the damage on your house is not too big. Each of the two sugar and creamer sets is just wonderful. Would love to have them.
Best greetings, Johanna

Sandi said...

Here`s hoping the flood damage can be put right and in the shortest possible order. My first post for `Tea Cup Tuesday`` and I am so enchanted with all of the posts. A particularly treasured c&s will be a future post for me. Aynsely (sp) is a favorite china of mine...

Zaa said...

Glad you high up Beth ...

What a simply delightful little shamrock set ...It will surely bring you the luck of the Irish... I am so fond of yellow roses, infact had them in my bridal bouquet... Thank You for sharing your sweet teatime treasures... You are welcome to visit me at the " the Grand lady " anytime ....Hugs

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: I am so sorry for what your are going through. I can't even imagine the mess. It is funny how a little blog party can make us forget about what is going on around us. That was how I felt on Monday. I was just happy to talk about tea cups. God is good and I know He will see you though this. Your creamer set are lovely by the way. Blessings, Martha

Anglers Rest said...

Lovely sets - we were at a tea shop recently that was decorated completely in green and white and we were served with the same design as you have here.

GardenofDaisies said...

Your cream and sugar bowls are all very pretty. My favorite would have to be the shamrocks!
Hope the flooding in your area has stopped.

Sandra from Sydney said...

Both sets are beautiful. I love having cream and sugar sets to go with cups and saucers. And I love having teapots that match as well. Lovely collection Beth.

My sympathy for the losses of things in the flood, I'm glad it wasn't worse for you. It is heartbreaking to have these disasters just wreck everything.
Sandie

audenora maria said...

Linda sua coleçao de:"TEA CUP TUESDAY".