Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fall is my favorite time of year.

 Finally Here images
Fall Graphics

Autumn is my favorite time of year.  I enjoy the cooler days, and certainly the colors of fall.  The hot and very wet summer was getting LONG and it is time to cool off.  The rain can slow down anytime too!!  After all the flooding in our area I feel like we have had enough for a while.

  Yesterday my husband and I went to our favorite farmers and flea market,  in Leesport, PA.  I took loads of pictures as usual but today I want to just share pictures of all the produce and flowers and decor I saw there.... helping to get into the full spirit of the season.

Besides being my favorite time of year, it is my favorite time at the farmers market.  All the produce, flowers and decorations just inspire me.







Local farmers bring an abundance of produce at this time of year.  And while I not that fond of the turnips shown above, most everything else really gets me salivating.  I can't buy enough and I can't wait to get home and start cooking.

One farmer has an interesting way of spelling garlic, don't know if it a Pennsylvania version or he was just being funny.


Pumpkins of course were everywhere, some to cook, some to decorate with, what ever your desire.  They had them in different colors, sizes and decorated or not.  Add to them the squash and gourds and you have wonderful display.



Can't wait to go back again.  If the weather behaves we may be there next week.

No comments: