Monday, October 31, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday For First Day of November

Time for Tea Cup Tuesday............
After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at 

Last week I told you about a flea market I visited and I showed produce.  Normally when I attend a flea market one of the first things I look for is tea cups and tea things.  WELLLLLLLL  the picture below is one of just two teapots I found and NOOOOO teacups at all.  Good thing I have been having better luck in other venues lately.

A pretty little tea cup with violets.  No I didn't buy it though perhaps tempted.  In the picture below you will see it on the table with some other tea party things, loved the plates but they were a bit pricey for me.

 

The second teapot I found I did buy.  It is a Japanese, very fall like with all the leaves.  I just had to have it and the price was right.  It will serve me well in the fall months. It is copper lustre with raised edges of the leaves.    Here are a few pictures of the teapot.  Hope you like it.  I personally love it.






Next I will be showing you another teacup I bought on my trip to Canada this summer.  This one is ROYAL ALBERT, my favorite maker.  This one is also the pattern one of my husbands cousins had.  We loved when she used it when we visited her.  I will think of her when I use this teacup.

This pattern is called Old English Rose and the pattern has been out
of production for quite a few years.    


  More recently Royal Albert made and sold a similar patter ...  Old Country Roses. It is the pattern I have as a full set.  I got it when Royal Albert was still listed as the manufacturer.  The newer ones say Royal Daulton.  Not as good in my mind.  I much prefer Royal Albert.

See you next week.

7 comments:

Terri said...

Oh yes, this Royal Albert tea cup is beautiful! I love this pattern. The roses are so romantic.
Your new tea pot is amazing. Just look at all that pretty detail.
Happy Halloween,
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
I love your new teapot; very pretty with the raised leaf edges! Your teacup is stunning and guess what? I found one this summer of the same pattern by Royal Albert but a little different shape. I will be sharing it soon. Thank you for joining me for tea today and have a delightful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

What a wonderful teapot! Love it! The reason your Old Country Roses isn't as nice, is in 1997 production was moved to Indonesia and there is DEFINITELY a difference! Heavier and not as nicely decorated. Royal Albert used to be such a great manufacturer...no more. Sigh...like almost all the famous potteries.
Cheers!
R

♥ Miss Tea said...

What a beautiful teacups and teapot, lovely pattern too, thanks for dropping by my blog.

susan

Johanna said...

Hi Beth,
you share amazing treasures. I would have loved this sweet tea pot with Violets, too. But the Japanese one, you bought is truly amazing. Very elegant and outstanding. I agree, that Royal Albert makes fantastic designs and so is the pattern Old English rose. I think, the German china manufacturers copied that design as I saw several similar patterns and loved them. I didn't knew that Royal Albert made one. Thank you for your visit and the sweet comment.
Best greetings, Johanna

Wanda Lee said...

Oh my, what a lovely collection of tea pretties! I especially love the teapot.., Beautiful!

Hugs, Wanda Lee

GardenofDaisies said...

I LOVE the old English Rose pattern!!! I need to find one for my teacup collection.