Monday, October 17, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday


 Time for Tea Cup Tuesday............


After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at
http://www.marthasfavorites.com/
or
http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com 


Back in August when we were traveling through New England and New Brunswick I wrote about some of the flea markets I found.  While at the one in Sussex, New Brunswick I found quite a good group of Tea Cups and saucer sets.  I bought 4 for myself and for the next four weeks I will be showing them.

 This week I will be showing you this VERY SCOTTISH one.  I don't find this style very often so had to get it!

This is a Queen Anne bone china set featuring a Scottish bagpiper, Scottish castle and the quintessential Scottish symbol, the Thistle.






Hope you enjoyed seeing this set.

4 comments:

Terri said...

Oh this cup is fab! I love the Scottish theme and the bag piper! Queen Anne does make some really wonderful china. What a great find! I look forward to seeing the other 3 you found.
Hugs,
Terri

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

I love teacups with scenes! This is so cute! Haven't seen a bagpiper before!
R

parTea lady said...

Your Queen Anne teacup is lovely. That is a great scene with the bagpiper, castle and thistles. It's such a pretty shape too.

Micupoftea~ said...

oh! What a charming cup...love it! The piper and thistle look wonderful~ This is such a great find. I'd love to use this cup at teatime :)
TFS~