Monday, November 7, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday 2nd Tuesday in November

Time for Tea Cup Tuesday............
After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at 

In our state this is election day.  I personally will be glad when it over and we don't have to listen to all the name calling.  Election spots seem to be less and less civilized as time goes on.

Enough of the editorial.  Last Wednesday we went to Leesport again and I found a few tea things.  I found this pretty little made in Japan tea cup and saucer featuring  Ladies and Gents.  Not my favorite style of tea cup but it has pretty colors.

And while we are looking at Made in Japan items here is a set of what is called Geisha Ware.  I have sold them in the past in my antique shop though they seem to be losing favor these days.   I found this link that tells   about Geisha Ware porcelain . Click here to learn more.
Another tea set from Japan is this cute child size Violet tea set.  Probably not that old, but sweet none the less.
And finally here is the one item that I purchased to sell in my shop.
  It is a cute stacked teapot, sugar and creamer.



Trying to learn more about it I found that it was called hand painted redware.  Though it isn't red it apparently was made that way and then painted black.  There were a number of items done like that.  Others that I have seen are sets of black cats.  But however it is made it is a cute little set. It is for sale in my shop.  If you are interested let me know.  I can sell it for $20 which includes postage.  Email me at beth@lavenderandoldlace.com

See you next week.  I have already planned what I will be showing.  It is Royal Albert.

7 comments:

Terri said...

Hello Beth, your new Japanese cup is lovely. The coloring is really beautiful and the scenes look wonderful too. The tea sets are sweet, and the stacked set is so interesting. I have never seen one like that before.
Thanks so much for sharing your very interesting finds.
Hugs,
Terri

Lavender Cottage said...

The tea for one set is sweet, one doesn't often see whimsical sets.
The teacup on a pedestal is very nice.

GardenofDaisies said...

What a very pretty pedestal teacup, with the people in the border.
And the chicken stacking teapot set is sooo cute!!

Johanna said...

Hello Beth,
the first Japanese tea cup is really amazing. I have never seen that shape nor the decoration on Japanese china. The secon photos shows a set which is very common here. I always love the Japanese china, as the cups are really tender porcelin and tea tastes great from them.
Best greetings, Johanna

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
I like the scenes on your teacup. I always find them so romantic! The stacked set is very cute. I don't see many of those whimsical sets around and I'm sure it will find a good home. Thanks so much for sharing with us today and I wish you a delightful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

S said...

That Japanese cup does have the most vibrant lovely colors. I hope to be back next week for some Royal Albert - classic!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: I love your blog. You always have so much information. I love learning about this wonderful tea cup habit I have. You always provide such great pictures and information. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha