Thursday, December 29, 2011

2012 is just around the corner

I still remember, vividly, midnight Dec. 31, 1999.  We went to our local FIRST NIGHT event and saw several groups entertaining including a Blue Grass group.  I have forgotten their name but who could have predicted that   would begin  our journey in Blue Grass music on such a scale including attending several festivals a year.

On that night back in 1999 the predictions of the world ending the next day, computers failing etc. etc. etc. were in all the papers, online, and in conversations. Well here we are.nearly 12 years later and those things didn't happen but the world has changed ALOT.  I won't list here, you already know.

I love the beginning of a new year because it is like you have a blank journal in front of you and you can fill it anyway you choose.

There will be NO Diet promises since I have been steadily losing weight for the past year and a half..(slowly but surely wins that race!)  I think I finally figured that out.  Turns out for me it was quite simple...  just eat less and as the sizes of the clothes get smaller the motivation increases!

I have made my usual "want to accomplish list" and it is lengthy.  Some sewing, learning to machine embroider, making a couple of mini dolll houses, making a quilt, doing several craft projects, and joining with a couple of journaling groups to work on that skill.

I regularly read the blog   Sew Mama Sew which includes inspiration, good links and lots of ideas.
  So.....................
  I am getting back to my sewing machine.  And I will finally be learning to use the Machine Embroidery part of my year old Brother SE400 sewing machine.  I have invested in a lot of thread and various backing material (Stabilizers) so I can do a proper job.  I joined a machine embroidery site where I can get lots of help on their forums AND download any number of patterns. (to see click here)  Designs by Sick!  Yes that really is the name.


I have lots of plans so hope I can stick to it.
My Brother SE-400 Machine for Sewing and Embroidery
      
Machine Embroidery Thread, Bobbin Thread and three kinds of Stabilizer.
In other sewing I really want to make a blue and yellow quilt for our bedroom.  It will be made using the
   Here is a picture of the STACK of fat quarters and other fabric I hope to use for this quilt.

The pattern I have tentatively chosen is this one
It is from the Patchwork Place book called     More Fat Quarters by M'Liss Rae Hawley



I have not given up on doll house making either.  I have three little kits waiting.   And my paper arts will continue as I work with a couple of journaling groups I have discovered.

I HOPE and PLAN to report here on the progress of these plans.  Wish we luck or the determination to do these things.

I have found in the past if I tell someone I am going to do something it is more likely to get done.

So Check back and see how I am doing. 

Check back on New Years Day for another graphic of a Vintage New Years Postcard from my collection.

No comments: