Monday, December 26, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday, final one for 2011

Another Tea Cup Tuesday has arrived.


After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at

http://www.marthasfavorites.com/

or http://artfulaffirmations.blogspot.com



This week and for the next few weeks I will be doing something a bit different on Tea Cup Tuesday.  I will be showing and talking about some of the books about Tea, Tea Partys, and recipes for them.

I like books a LOT and have always collected books about my hobbies.  So it was natural to look for books about Tea. I have pretty much lost count of all the books I own on the subject.  But after I finish up in the next few weeks we will all have a better idea of just how many I do own.


This first one is called The London Ritz Book of Afternoon Tea (the art and pleasures of taking tea, by Helen Simpson.  The books opens with a chapter of taking tea at the Ritz Hotel in London.
There are lots of yummy sounding recipes for Scones, Eclairs, Tarts and all the other things that make up a great Tea Party.  The book also tells about many of the different themes and talks about the history of the afternoon tea.   It is worth it to get the book for all the history as well as the recipes you will gather.


I don't really know how many books on this subject I own but after the next few weeks of reporting this we will all have a better idea of just how many books I do have on this subject.                                                                                                                                                                                  


 Next week I will talk about a book I recently found from 1981,

3 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: Looking forward to your book recommendations. Thanks for sharing with us this year. May God richly bless you in 2012! Hugs, Martha

Micupoftea~ said...

I collect tea books too...happy 2012 :)

Terri said...

Hello Beth, thanks so much for sharing about this book, I had not seen it before. I love reading about tea.
Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Terri