Monday, December 5, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday, First Tuesday in December.

Time for Tea Cup Tuesday............
After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at 


I have missed two weeks of Tea Cup Tuesday, mostly because I was working on and somewhat overwhelmed by making new awnings for my antique shop. Sewing canvas on my home sewing machine was hard.   Not the most fun thing I have ever done.  But they are done now.  So back to normal things.

We made our final trip to Leesport Flea market a couple of weeks ago and I found a couple of nice tea cups.  Got them both because they were had red flowers and seemed Christmas like.

When I looked closer I discovered that one wasn't Christmas, it was actually for August Birthdays and featured red poppies.  Since my birthday is in August I figured I "needed" it.


This is the August Teacup that is from the House Of Global Tea.  I tried to locate information on line about this company but didn't.  It is bone china and supposedly was made in England.   While it is very pretty it is obviously not the same quality of Royal Albert.   Royal Albert did make an August Tea Cup which I have.  I will show it another time.  Meanwhile enjoy looking at this one.
This was inside the rim of the cup.

6 comments:

Terri said...

House of Global Art is a new company to me! Never heard of it. But it is English for sure. The red poppies are gorgeous, and it is your birth flower, so that is fab! The cup is very pretty.
I can't imagine sewing canvas on my sewing machine, that must have been quite a difficult job! So glad you are done with it now. I am sure it looks wonderful.
Hugs,
Terri

Snap said...

Of course you needed this lovely poppy tea cup for August! Absolutely! Lovely red color. Happy Tea Day!

Princesa Nadie said...

Very pretty!
The most part of my Tea cups collection are patterns with flowers but I have not any one with Poppies
I love it!
Happy Tea Cup Tuesday
Best wishes

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
I love your birthday teacup! The poppies are gorgeous and it is a pretty shaped teacup too. I would definitely use it for Christmas because it is such a festive and vibrant colour. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and joining my Christmas Tea party.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

Johanna said...

Hello,
this is an absolutely stunning tea cup and when you have birthday in August, you definately need that. If not, you need that, too, because it is beautiful and every year is August.
Best greetings, Johanna

GardenofDaisies said...

Your poppy teacup is really beautiful! Those are Christmas colors, even if it is intended for August birthdays.