Monday, December 12, 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday. Second Tuesday in December

Time for Tea Cup Tuesday............
After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at 

The weekend of Thanksgiving we were in Syracuse, NY and on that Sunday we managed to get to the Regional Market flea market.  Probably our last flea market of the year. I found a few teacups but nothing too exciting to buy.
    The only tea cups  that were even worth photographing were these which were new and not nearly as nice as the ones I like to collect. I don't know but think they were probably made in China.  The cost was certainly right.  $6.00 a set.  They were pretty to look at though.

A few weeks ago we managed to get to our favorite flea market, Leesport, where I bought two cup and saucer sets.  The one I showed last week was one of those.  And here is the second.  It is definitely Christmas with pretty holly and berries. I am pretty sure it was made in Japan and it is porcelain, not bone china, but for the price I paid, it was well worth it.

I didn't take a picture of the bottom of the cup or saucer because they said nothing.  Probably there was a sticker that said Made in Japan at one time.

I have one more seasonal cup I will share next week.  Be sure to check here.

12 comments:

Terri said...

Japan or not, this is a lovely cup, very festive and beautiful! I really love the tall footing and the fancy handle. You are lucky to have it : )
Thank you so much for sharing.
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
I echo Terri's comment about whether it was made in Japan or not, it is very lovely. A pretty teacup for Christmastime! Thank you for sharing it with us today and for joining me for tea.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

Bookie said...

A very lovely Christmas cup!!!

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

What a pretty holly teacup! Christmas patterns are so hard to find and that is so pretty! Well done!
Cheers!
R

Johanna said...

Hello Beth,
Japan makes some really fine porcelain products like Noritake. They have a long history in making procelain and a good style, too. So I wouldn't be amazed when this beautiful cup was made there. This cup is outstanding in shape and decoration. I love Christmas china.
Thank you for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I think your cup is beautiful. I love Christmas Tea Cup. This one is perfect. Love the handle. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Antiques And Teacups said...

The chintz tea and toasts are neat! I love your teacup with the holly...regardless of where it was made!
Happy TT!
Ruth

Snap said...

I like your new cup. Red and Green means Christmas for me. Lovely find. Happy Tea Day!

2amscrapper said...

so festive!

Texas Tea Party said...

Pretty Holly and Berry cup and saucer! Christmas and tea are so much fun. Thanks for sharing about the flea markets for I love to go! Happy Teatime! Pam

cindy said...

Your tea sets are lovely. $6.00 a set is a great buy and worth photographing for sure, I enjoyed. I'll have to come by and see your collection. Great find at the Leesport flea market.
Merry Christmas,
cindy

Charlotte said...

Your teacup is very beautiful. I love Christmas cups, they make Christmas tea taste better:)
Blessings,
Charlotte