Friday, January 6, 2012

Machine Embroidery so far doesn't like me too much

I have begun the (apparently for me) long slow road to using the Machine Embroidery part of my sewing machine.   I have done a monogram or sorts and it did fine.  But then I tried a couple of "pictures" and discovered something is wrong somewhere.  The bottom threads are showing up on top.  NOT GOOD.  I have spent a LOT of time on the phone with the sewing machine folks, a LOT of time on line looking for help.  The biggest issue is that the brand I have is not sold anywhere near me.  The closest place is about 90 minutes away.  But never fear....  I am persistant and I SHALL prevail!!!
Here is a picture of the letter I did.........

 I am not showing the picture of the  "bad" turnout on another attempt.  I am hopeful, before the day is out that I will have success there too.  Learning and maybe even master Machine Embroidery is my goal for January.       .  My shop will be open today but between customers I will be working on this.
 I hope to have more to report tomorrow.  I ordered a few things from the sewing machine company which should help me.  I will continue on.............

 In other news, I haven't shown pics of the cats lately.  So here is an update of sorts.  The picture here shows where they sometimes spend a lot of their day, on top of my couch where I have a couple of quilts. That is   probably an added attraction.  That is Bentley on the left, Tuffy in the middle and Spooky on the right.
Tough life our cats have...............................  Click on the picture to see it bigger.
OCCUPY LIVING ROOM COUCH!!!!   
  Title idea "stolen" from Cartoon in Paper Today (MUTTS) 1/6/12

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And here is a picture of the cat that lives outside and is wild no doubt but he loves the food we provide.... every day....  So we continue.  He is a beautiful cat we think.  Too bad he won't get close.  We call him Red.
Every morning when I open the shade on the back door he is there waiting for breakfast!
We say "he" but we haven't been close enough to check it out!

1 comment:

Sandra from Sydney said...

Beautiful cats Beth - the wild one is obviously doing well with you feeding him/her. I have a machine that embroiders plus an embroidery machine, but don't have access to my instruction books at the moment to see what to do to adjust the tension and get rid of the loops showing through. Are you using staiblizing fabric underneath? And the correct type of bobbin thread? Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures in embroidery.
Sandie
gsolfot