Monday, January 2, 2012

Tea Cup Tuesday, Books about Tea

Tea Cup Tuesday for the first Tuesday in 2012!


After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at



ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I promised last Tea Cup Tuesday I will be talking about some of the tea books I own.

The first one here is called Garden of Tea.  It is Illustrated and written by Nancy Shumaker Pallau.
My favorite part of the book is the illustrations.  I tried to find mention of the book on line and the only place I found it was at the Alibris Book Sellers.
The description of the book is:

"Many plants have long been brewed into teas to soothe common ailments, and yet some are so familiar that we may take for granted their simple beauty. In this small gift book, Nancy Shumaker Pallen pays tribute to twelve such favorites, lovingly illustrated through her watercolor botanicals. A delightful rhyme describes the beneficial properties of each plant."
 

The second book is Alexandra Stoddard's Tea Celebrations
This book is really part of a series by Alexandra Stoddard.  The sub title is The Way To Serenity.  

Here is the Book Description  from Amazon.com

October 1995
An Invitation To A World Of Beauty, Grace, And Tranquility
Whether it is a formal Japanese tea ceremony, an English high tea, or simply a pot of tea and some cookies shared with friends, the act of drinking tea has long been a way for people to achieve a feeling of serenity. Now bestselling author Alexandra Stoddard explores the many ways in which a cup of tea can lift our spirits, soothe our souls and deepen our friendships.

I will have more tea books next week.  I have ALOT

Check on my blog in a couple of days and see how I am doing with my attempts to learn and do machine embroidery.  So far it is slow going.  But I am getting a lot of help from folks on line so it should get better.


8 comments:

cindy said...

I can imagine the watercolours, thanks for the tea time book garden of tea.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
Lovely water colours! Thank you for sharing with us today and Happy New Year!

Blessings,
Sandi

Beth said...

Hi Beth, I love tea books! I also love tea and have been experimenting with various specialty flavored teas. I hope you have a great new year, Beth!
Blessings, Beth

Snap said...

Fun post. I love books and books about tea are fun, fun, fun! Happy Tea Day and Happy New Year!

Lavender Cottage said...

I have a number of tea books as well and enjoy browsing through them.
I'm looking forward to seeing more of your books.

GardenofDaisies said...

Garden Of Tea looks lovely. I bet the watercolor illustrations are beautiful.
Glad you are taking on the 366 challenge. It sounds like you might be way ahead of us in the decluttering process. I generally try to do a general declutter of closets and drawers once a year, but I fell behind a bit this past year, so I have some catching up to do. Anyway, I hope we can all inspire each other to get rid of things we don't want/need and make more room for living in our homes.

Terri said...

Oooh great looking tea books!
Good luck with your embroidery. I too am learning to do this. I am having to be patient with my hands!
Hugs,
Terri

Johanna said...

Hi,
that tea book sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna