Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tea Cup Tuesday, second tuesday in January

Tea Cup Tuesday for the second Tuesday in 2012!


After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at



ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I promised last Tea Cup Tuesday I will continue talking about some of the tea books I own.

Here is a beautiful book called Tea Time At the Inn, a Country Inn Cookbook by Gail Greco.  I have found several, now favorite recipes, in this book. Such as  Fruit Jewels and Carrot Walnut cake on page 40.  And there is a recipe for Whoopie Pie on p. 150.  Pennsylvania and Maine both claim to be the birthplace of the Whoopie pie.  But, which ever, it is an interesting treat. I have lived in both places and had them in each place.  I haven't figured out which is really better.


                   




And the second book I am talking about about is called   Taking Tea by Andrea Israel.     Called the Essential Guide to Brewing Serving and Entertaining with Teas from Around the World.'
Once again it is loaded with recipes, also beautiful pictures and a lot of history.   And plenty of themed tea parties.  The recipe for  Lemon Curd Bars on p.66 is yummy.     I have also made them using Orange Curd. 
    It is available on Amazon but they didn't have a picture of the cover so I scanned it.  


 Here is the link for Amazon..................

I hope you enjoy hearing about these books.  I will be sure to have more next Tuesday.    And check my blog out on Thursday to see how I am doing on my major decluttering project!

4 comments:

Terri said...

Two gorgeous books, the second one's cover being so beautiful even to look at!
I hope your decluttering is going well. I am working on my art room, doing the same, sorting, clearing...hopefully it will be done soon : ) and you too!
Hugs,
Terri

Ruth...Time Was Antiques said...

Some wonderful tea books I have added to my To Find list...you can never have too many! Happy TT!
Cheers!
R

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Two wonderful tea books and I love the china on the front of the second. The lemon curd bars sounds delish but I've never had whoopie pie. I must google it and see what I can come up with. Thanks for sharing with us today, Beth.

Blessings,
Sandi

Johanna said...

Hello,
those books look really interesting. Thank you for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna