Monday, January 16, 2012

Tea Cup Tuesday, Third Tuesday in January

Welcome again to my Offering on Tea Cup Tuesday.

After you visit my site be sure to visit the others at



ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage


For the past couple of weeks I have been showing you some of my collection of tea books.  I suddenly realized I had better do more than just 2 a week or I will still be doing it until  next January.

So this week I have 6 books to show you.  These are rather small ones that I have picked up here and there, often at little gift shops.  


This first group of three are a bit different.  The first one (on the left) is actually a book of postcards.  Each postcard features a lovely tea service and on the back there is the recipe of the item pictured on the front.    The second one (in the middle) is called Tea Temptations.  It has loads of recipes easy teas, tea drinks and punches, even tea icecream.  According to the price tag of the back I bought it at Gloria Jean's Coffee Bean which I think is a little shop in malls.    The third book on the right doesn't have any recipes however I had to add it to my collection.  It is the illustrated song.... I'M A LITTLE TEA CUP."  Cute for a young child but oh so wonderful for a grown up who remembers singing that song as a child.  On the back of the book there are directions for how to do the movements when you sing the song! and the best part is that it is the shape of a teapot!!!!


If you click on these pictures I think you can see them better


The next group features a book (on the right) shows examples of many different kinds of teas and tisanes (herb teas), The one in the middle is a mini gourmet cookbook (or so it says) called Afternoon Tea.  And the third one, on the left is a little booklet also called Afternoon Tea which features several recipes just right for afternoon tea.


I am not sure that these are still available but be sure to check at any teashop you may visit, gift shops often carry them and even a coffee shop like I mentioned in the first section.  I noticed they are all older, copyrights back to the '80s so if you want one you may have to do a bit of a search.


The one thing I have discovered is that you really only need a couple if you are planning a tea party.  BUT if you are like me and "NEED" all the books you can find... go for it!

10 comments:

Antiques And Teacups said...

You can't ever have enough tea books, can you? Some of those are old favorites and some are new to me. Oh goody! New tea books to find! Thanks for posting!
Ruth

GardenofDaisies said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that "I'm A Little Teapot" book. We had that one when my kids were little, and I think we read it a gazillion times a day.... until it literally fell apart. I think I may still have a page left. I just loved the little dotty teapot. Later I realized that she (the teapot) was basically a Cornishware-Domino teapot and I have wanted one ever since. (I think I have an image of one on my pinterest board if you want to see a picture.)
Your other tea books are very lovely too. I have 4-5 myself, but not these.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am with you, I just love books and seem to never have enough. Your books are wonderful. Hugs, Martha

Terri said...

Great tea books! I had the little tea pot book (and still do) that we read to our children. It is a cute book!
I think I have only 3 or 4 tea books and a couple tea cup books. I will keep an eye out at your suggestion when I am in a gift shop.
Hugs,
Terri

Lavender Cottage said...

I have quite a collection of tea books and always enjoy seeing what others have too.
Wish I had started collecting years ago but as you said, sometimes these books show up for sale in various places.

Que Bella said...

Love all your tea books! I'd forgotten all about the "I'm a little teapot" song. I may have to search ebay for a copy of that book. Thanks for sharing, Michelle

KathyB. said...

I like tea books too, and have found myself buying them in shops when I go on trips. I read your previous post on de-cluttering and it sounds so much like what I am doing. I was in my craft room earlier , finishing up little projects left un-done too long. As I worked I watched the show 'Hoarders' and that only spurred me on to making sure I never leave my family such a horrible task should I be taken out of the picture.Looks like you are well on your way to fulfilling that goal.

Snap said...

I'm really enjoying seeing your tea books. I love books. Can't have enough of them and when you add tea ... perfect! Happy Tea Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I love tea books too, Beth! They are just so pleasing to the eye as well as offer lovely ideas for entertaining. You have a such a wonderful collection. Thank you for sharing this with Tea Time and have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Johanna said...

Hello Beth, I guess, I should buy a least one tea book. They look all so interesting. Thank you for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna