Sunday, February 26, 2012

Decluttering and quilting

The Decluttering continues.  This past week our new couch and love seat arrived so before it could be put into place we did a lot of "decluttering" in the living room.  Actually DH did most cause he had the most to do.  I had already done a lot in the previous two weeks. We did get rid of an end table cause it doesn't fit anymore.  It went out to the shop and is already sold!   We got rid of 24 Nascar magazines and 45 issues of the Bluegrass Unlimited magazine.  They are going to recycling.  Also I filled a big kitchen trash bag of junk from my studio.  I spent at least 10 minutes a day, each day this week getting rid of stuff.  I hope I get this done before I leave it all for the kids to sort through some day.  LOL  He filled a box with catalogs, old magazines and other stuff to go to recycling.   So I will just count that as 1. So if I count the magazines and the table and the trash bag and his box that means another 72 items gone from the house!  So I am now up to 203 items total, just 163 items to go. At this rate I will be done by the end of March.
 I don't think I will do as well this coming week cause DH wants me to get some stuff ready to go on ebay and that will take my spare time.  But in a sense that is decluttering too cause he is getting rid of some more "stuff."

I have been practicing my machine quilting too.  It certainly does take practice.  Expecially using the darning foot to do free motion quilting.  Wow, I really thought I was steadier than that!.  No way will I show you my "examples.!"

 I have started a little paper pieces wall hanging too.  It is slow going cause I am trying to fussy cut the center squares.    Good it only has 9 squares.  I have one finished to show you and several squares underway. These squares about 4 inches wide.
    Hope to get it finished by next weekend when I have another wall hanging waiting to be worked on.
Now I have to run and make Caramel Corn (my daughter's MIL's recipe) to take to a Daytona Race viewing party tomorrow.  Never a dull moment.

3 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

You're doing great with the decluttering. I hope you will keep going, even if you reach your 366 goal in March. (I don't want my kids to have to go through all the mess if anything happens to me either, so trying to keep things organized as I go. Have been working on my file cabinet contents.)
I have never been able to figure out how people do free motion quilting. My attempts are horrific messes.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I think that is the prettiest pancy set I have ever seen. It is just to cute. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

1carmelitelover said...

If someone wanted to start quilting, where would she start, and on what kind of design?

Blessings,

Peggy