Friday, February 17, 2012

Decluttering and stuff

Here I am doing the decluttering report thing again.  If you aren't interested, don't read.  I must admit I am just doing it since I promised myself I would and it is a good way to make myself not forget to do it!

Only a quick note today on the decluttering front.  We recently purchased a new couch and loveseat...  So out with the old!  It will go to the Salvation Army later today.  It doesn't count since we are replacing the pieces... however.... as we were cleaning out getting ready for the switch we found several things that are going!!!!!
We got rid of a VCR that hasn't been used in ages..  off to recycling, several phone cords, a phone that we don't use any more, a cat scratcher thing our cats now ignore, and three books.  So not too bad for the week.
7 items (counting the phone cords as 1)
So I am now up to 131 items total, just 235 items to go.  It seems like a lot to go but since we aren't even finished with Feb. yet I think it sounds pretty good.

We haven't really had much winter but occasionally we get a dusting of snow.  That is what you can see through my window, behind these pretty bottles. 
Needless to say the snow is GONE now and it is about 45 degrees outside.  It feels like Spring and the bulbs I showed you last week have come up another inch or so.
I was going through my fabric stash and also my pattern pile and found pattern to make "tomatoes" so I did and filled a basket I had just sitting empty.  It seems strange to start off the post with decluttering and end with addition of more stuff.  But the fabric, stuffing and basket were all things I had in my craft room.  Now I can enjoy them for awhile before I move them out.  And they look fun in my kitchen until I can bring in summer fresh produce.

2 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

You are doing great!! I think getting rid of the old couch counts. (Some might have just moved it to another room to make space for the new one.)
Part of decluttering is about making space in your home. But the other part is about making room for the things that we want in our home and that includes a few new things. I had to take a little bit of a break from major decluttering while I was working on the taxes and yearly financial stuff, but plan to hop back into it this weekend.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am just getting around to visiting this week. Love your Blue Flow cup. I don't have any Blue Flow, my friend always seems to want them. I love your decluttering idea. I really need to do more of that. Right now I am getting rid of old tax papers. Have a great week. Hope to see you again next Tuesday. Hugs, Martha