Friday, February 10, 2012

Decluttering, Quilting and whatever............

 A few things to share from outside.  Here are the visitors that came to "feast" at my garden (well the birdfeeder really)

And I am not real pleased to see all my daffodils popping up out of the ground.  It has hardly been winter here yet.  So I guess they don't know it isn't time yet!  Hope they don't get really messed up.  I love to see the pretty fresh faces of the daffodils when they do bloom.


I am still in the decluttering mode.  This week I managed to get rid of 24 piece plastic dinner set we used to use in our camper but don't use anymore.  (it went to SA) Also went through 25 magazines, tore out a very few things I wanted to keep and sent the rest off to recycling.  And I sent 10 books off to the library sale!  So for a quick total that is 59 more things gone.  So my total is now............. 124!!!!!!!   Only 242 things to go.  This is easier than I thought it might be! I have a feeling I will have more than enough very soon.

Another bigger decluttering will take place in April.  We have signed up to take stuff to an auction.  That will include things from the house and my antique shop.  That should make a big difference in the way things look around here.  I can hardly wait!

Tomorrow I am going to take a class in Machine Quilting on my newest sewing machine, a Janome.  I still have the Brother machine but it doesn't do nearly as well as this one does.  I will keep the Brother to try and master Machine Embroidery but the new one is for quilting!  I did a lot of quilting back in the 70s and early 80s but not so much now.  This should help a lot!

I will report on the class and what I learn later!

1 comment:

GardenofDaisies said...

Wow, you are doing great!!! I have a new decluttering/donating pile that I need to count and take a picture of. I agree, that the 366 things will be gone way before the end of the year. It really isn't that hard to find things in our homes that we just plain don't use.