Sunday, February 5, 2012

Did some cooking today...

      This past week we went to the Olive Garden for a somewhat belated Anniversary Meal.  While there we had their really yummy soup called Zuppa Tuscani! which we really enjoyed.    I had my Galaxy Tab (sort of like I-Pad) with me and decided I would try to find out if the recipe was available on line so I could make it at home.  It was. So yesterday I made it and we had it for lunch.... excellent.  Made enough to have it for lunch today too.
I didn't take a picture but here is the link to the recipe so you can try it yourself if you are so inclined. And they show what it is looks like.

http://www.tuscanrecipes.com/recipes/olive-garden-zuppa-toscana.html

There are other versions of the recipe there but this is the one I made.  (I cut the amount in half,  we used ground HOT Italian sausage and left out the ground red peppers. )  Everything else was the same.  We were pleased with the way it turned out.

Since I had to buy Kale for the recipe and didn't need all I bought I cook up the rest of the Kale for dinner tonight.  To make my recipe for Kale, I fry up a few pieces of bacon in the bottom of the pan, add the cut up Kale and a Tablespoon full of Balsamic vinegar.        I heat it until it is wilted and then serve.  For tonight's dinner we also had sweet potatoe fries which are cut from fresh sweet potatoes and baked in the oven.  I sprinkle some olive oil and salt on the fries and bake for 20 minutes. (at 400degrees) Then sprinkle some REAL NY maple syrup over it and bake another two or three minutes. (The syrup was thanks to our generous relatives from Fulton, NY.) And finally we had grilled steak.  A nice "sort of winter's" Saturday night dinner.  We still haven't had a real winter but we are not expecting it to miss us entirely.

 I don't cook this much everyday but I enjoy it when I can.  And the funny thing is, this was a very busy day in my antique shop.    But maybe that is the answer.  I do better when I am really busy.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

That looks delicious!!

Chris said...

Hi Beth, congratulations on your anniversary. Thanks also for sharing the recipe for the soup. It sounds delicious and I know my boys would love it. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

que combinação perfeita de guardanapo e xícara florida!