Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tea Cup Tuesday. Second Tuesday in February

Wow Tea Cup Tuesday came up fast again.  I don't know where time is going but it is moving  too fast for me.



                                                              ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

 This week I have chosen to show you a new tea book, well new to me anyway.  My husband found this at Recycling yesterday and brought it to me knowing I would love it!  It is a book from 1995 that is loaded with useful information about Herbal Teas.  Now I admit I don't often use herbal teas.  But it is still a pretty book. And lots of yummy recipes for scones and breads etc.  The cover itself grabs me as it features Blue Willow China, my favorite AND pansies, my favorite flower!

Since it shows Blue Williow I decided to feature a Blue Willow teacup for this Tea Cup Tuesday.  I have many because I am a collector of all things Blue Willow.  Someday I will do a blog about that collection.  But meanwhile here is the Cup and Saucer I chose for today.  It is quite old, I know because it was made in Occupied Japan. (The US occupied Japan from 1947 ti 1952)  I tried to get a picture of the back stamp but my camera would NOT cooperate so you will have to take my word for it.


It is almost a cobalt blue, or maybe it is I don't know.  But the blue is very intense!
I like the fact that it has the big design  inside the cup as well
I think, in this final picture you can see how intense the bloe color is.
Now, what shall I choose for next weeks cup and saucer........................

4 comments:

Mom Walds Place said...

Lovely Blue Willow! That is the "bluest" saucer I have ever seen with a Blue Willow pattern.

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

Your blue willow teacup is divine. Thank you for sharing that wonderful tea book with us. Happy Valentine's Day!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That is a pretty book and I know it is just brimming full of wonderful photos and info.
Your Blue Willow is gorgeous! How lovely to have the pattern inside the cup too. Thank you for sharing with us, Beth, and Happy Valentines day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
Yes, your cup is stunning! Such a vibrant blue coloring. I do love blue transferware, I just haven't begun to collect it yet. It sounds like you much have quite a bit of it. And this tea cup is really lovely. The book too sounds fab.
Thank you so much for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Terri