Monday, February 20, 2012

Tea Cup Tuesday: The Third Tuesday in February

Its Tea Cup Tuesday again.  Time is just flying by.
After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other blogs



                                                              ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

This week I am going to start off with this tea book from Victoria Magazine. THE CHARMS OF TEA.  Loaded with recipes, pictures and instructions on how to have a proper tea.  I imagine you can get one from Victoria Magazine publishers.  Or certainly Amazon.


 For my show and tell this week I have a pretty little tea set I have for sale in my shop.  It is a sweet set from Bavaria.  The marks on the bottoms were very hard to read so I didn't take a picture of the mark, sorry. Click on the pictures to see them better.


I took a close up of the handle cause I though it was cute.


Hope you enjoyed the tea set this week. 

7 comments:

Snap said...

Lovely little tea set and another wonderful book! Happy Tea Day!

Terri said...

The tea books looks wonderful! How did you ever get such a collection?
The tea set is so interesting. I am thinking almost art deco? The flowers are fresh and cute looking on it. I seem to have a memory of one set like it from my childhood, maybe my aunt had one. Hmmmm
Thanks so much for sharing with us.
Hugs,
Terri

Martha said...

I love that book and that's wonderful tea set!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
That looks like a lovely book. A very interesting tea set with a very cute handle on the top.
You mentioned in your comment that you have cousins in New Brunswick. That is where I am from originally and that is where I learned to store the teacups that way! My relatives have been doing it that way for as long as I can remember! Cool, eh?
Thanks for joining me for tea today and have a wonderful week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: What a lovely set. I have never seen one like it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us this week. Blessings, Martha

Johanna said...

Hi beth,
as always, you shar amanzing books. This tea set is really outstanding in shape and decoration. Thank you for sharing.
Best greetings, Johanna

Texas Tea Party said...

Just love your cute tea set! I like to read about tea. You have a great collection of books. Happy Tea Party! Pam