Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Second Tea Cup Tuesday for April



For this tea cup Tuesday I will be sharing pictures of some tea cups and saucers that I saw at a Flea Market recently.  Because I can't buy every single cup and saucer I find I do at least like to take pictures to remember them by.
The cups and saucers for this week are ones I found all at one table.  
 This first set is a hand painted beauty.  It's mark says that it is from Occupied Japan.  If you want to know more about occupied Japan and what it means check out these sites.
  http://www.occupiedjapan.net/
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occupation_of_Japan



Another interesting cup and saucer set is this one.  It is apparently one from Avon collectibles.  Unfortunately according to the mark on the bottom it is not useable for drinking tea, just for putting on a shelf and looking at it.



Here is a nice Royal Albert cup and saucer.  RA will always be my favorite bone china maker!  This one must have been older... it doesn't have the name of the pattern on it.


And finally here is a little, probably demitasse type cup.  It was made in Japan.  
I have never seen the mark before. But the cup is very pretty.  I tried to find out about this type of china but never did.  Maybe someone else out there knows something about it.


After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts today.


7 comments:

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: What great cups! I love the Avon, protrait cup, it is just stunning. Thank you so much for sharing them. I may just look for that cup on ebay. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

Lots of wonderful teacups at this Flea Market. Don't you wish you could take them all home with you? Happy tea day!

Snap said...

You found some great cups. I'd put them on my wish list! :D :D I can't imagine having a cup I couldn't drink out of .. think I'd take that one off my list! :D :D Happy Tea Day.

Terri said...

Oh how fun! You have taken us to the flea market again! Yay! I love seeing what is on the table. Each one is so different. I knew Martha was going to love the Avon cup! Lol!
Thank you so much for joining in!
Hugs,
Terri

Millie said...

very pretty cups and saucers!

Johanna said...

Hello,
thats a good idea to shop with the eyes and the camera. Its fun to see the different tea cups. They are all very pretty. The last one looks like handpainted china. Thank you for sharing this treasures.
Best greetings, Johanna

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
Thank you for sharing these lovely teacups you saw at the flea market. They are all very lovely.

Blessings,
Sandi