Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Third TeaCup Tuesday in April.

 Since we are well into spring now  there are pretty little wild violets sprouting up all over my yard.  Even after mowing you can still see many of them.  Since I love violets and have been enjoying them I thought I would feature them here on Tea Cup Tuesday.  
This is another one of the Cup and Saucer sets I found at the flea market a couple of weeks ago.  Didn't buy it but did take pics.
 Sorry about that shadow.  I just couldn't get a decent picture in that view but I wanted you to see the shape.
 In this picture you can see the side better.

 And finally the mark.  It is Old Royal Bone China made in England.  A search of the internet didn't give me any specific info.  Perhaps one of you reading this will know.


And finally, here is a pretty little Violet tea set.  I was snapping pictures so fast I totally forgot to check out the mark.  It is a very dainty sized set.  The china itself is pretty sturdy though.


So, I hope you have enjoyed all the pretty violets.
 
After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts today.


4 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Hi Beth,

I enjoyed viewing the photos you took while at the flea market. I love violets and these teacups are a beauty! They would have had to come home with me :-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Beth,
That teacup is darling! I love the shape of it and the yellow and purple flowers on it are so sweet. Pretty tea set too. Thank you for sharing these with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Anne Payne said...

So delicate and sweet! I love violets :) Thank you for sharing!

Terri said...

The Old Royal China tea cup is very vintage and so sweet. The tea set is gorgeous as well! Thanks so much for thinking to take pics to share with us. I often see beautiful china at shops but forget to take a picture!
Hugs,
Terri