Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Second TeaCup Tuesday in June

Here I am again.....
This week I thought I would show a couple of "different" cup and saucers.  These are the traditional cup but instead of a saucer they have had plate.  So you save dishwahing later I suppose.... don't need a separate plate.  The have a small indent to the side of the plate where the cup sits.

This first set is made by Tuscan, Fine Bone China.
I couldn't find a name. I thought it looked very similar to the various Chintz patterns.




And this second set is by my favorite maker, Royal Albert.   It is called Orange Blossom.  I looked on line to see if I could learn more about it.  One picture that I saw showed it a LOT more vibrant... the gold part anyway.  That might have been made earlier or later.  Don't know.  And another one I found is also called Orange Blossom but it is from the Blossom series and quite different in design.  I think that one is probably newer.


 .

Hope you enjoyed today's offerings.

After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

3 comments:

Terri said...

Hello Beth,
Your luncheon tea sets are fab! Each one is special. The Tuscan set is my favorite today, I love those tiny roses! I don't own any of this type of set yet, but some day I will happen upon some as pretty as yours and then I will. They do seem to be pretty handy!
Hugs,
Terri

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Your luncheon sets are wonderful! I too like the chintz although the other is very pretty too. I have a couple sets, one is red transferware and the other is one which I won in a giveaway. They do come in handy. Thank you for sharing yours with us and have a delightful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Beth: I love the tea cups you shared today. The chintz one is stunning. I love how beautiful chintz always looks. Thanks for sharing them with us. Blessings, Martha