Friday, June 15, 2012

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy

 My sister and brother in law came to visit this week.  One of the nights they were here, they took us to eat at the Inn where they were staying.....  And here are a couple of pics.  The first was an excellent chicken dish with rather fancy presentation.  The whole meal was beautifully presented AND most important.... excellent.

 
And the next picture shows me with my dessert.  The Pastry Chef at this Inn was a contestant on "Hell's Kitchen" on the Fox tv network  and came in third.  SHE is very good and creative.  I loved the look of my dessert and it tasted good too. It was a chocolate mousse.
(If you look closely at my hands you can see the thumb splints I have to wear 
because of very bad arthritis in my thumbs!


Now, we don't always eat like that, mostly because I enjoy cooking and over the years I have learned to cook in ways that my husband likes too. But it was a wonderful treat and we enjoyed the evening and of course the visit with my sister and her husband.

We had another friend here for dinner last night.  Here is what we had from my kitchen.  Not quite as fancy presentation (I will have to work on that!!!  LOL) But very good anyway.
The Salad was a spinach salad with cut up oranges, fresh grated Parmesan cheese, some slices of red pepper, a sprinkling of  sugared Walnuts and dried cranberries and a Raspberry Vinaigrette.
And served with herb bread.

Next, I made sweet potato fries sprinkled with dried cranberries. They were baked not fried.



And finally we had Chicken Shish K Bob, with chicken, peppers and onions.  They were grilled.


It was all YUMMY.
And lest we forget, we also had dessert...  It was a Boston Creme Pie, from the Bakery at the grocery store.

We have definitely eaten well this week and it isn't over yet since Father's Day festivities are coming up.  Maybe I will have more food pics on Monday.

Happy Father's Day to any dad's that might read this.

2 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

Both of your dinners sound yummy! It's always nice to celebrate with good food and good friends!

Sandra from Sydney said...

Delicious dining all round. good company and good food - wonderful.
Hugs, Sandie