Monday, July 23, 2012

Fourth Teacup Tuesday in July

 Thistles are a favorite wild flower and they are growing in my backyard right now.  Here are a couple of pictures.   Even though they are wild they are so vibrant I think.


The reason I am showing these is because of the cup and saucer I am featuring this week.
 It is a thistle design by Colclough China.  Couldn't find a name for the pattern.b  You can't see very well from these pictures but the background is a very pale pink.



  Hope you liked the cup and saucer I chose this week.

Meanwhile Thanks for visiting my site today.......

After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

8 comments:

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

A thistle pattern seems quite rare. Very pretty!

Pamela Gordon said...

I have 2 cups with thistles on them but they are different from yours. And thistles are growing wildly along the roadsides right now. A beautiful combination! Pamela

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
Personally, I think thistles are quite pretty and they look lovely on your teacup! Thank you for sharing it with us today and have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Hello Beth, I adore your Colclough thistle tea cup! I do love thistles, they are just such a vibrant joy.
You are lucky to have them wild around you.
Hugs,
Terri

Two Cottages And Tea said...

Pretty teacup perfect for a summer day. Have a great week.
Nancy

Antiques And Teacups said...

I dearly love Thistle patterns. This is lovely! Thanks so much for sharing your treasure!
Ruth

Snap said...

Lovely thistle design on your beautiful teacup. Love the light pink. Happy Tea Day!

Ruthie Miller said...

A lovely pairing of the cup and flower. I also love how you displayed it on plaid. Very fitting.
Thank you, Ruthie from:http://www.ladybstimefortea.blogspot.com/