Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Second Tea Cup Tuesday in July

Hope you all had a pleasant 4th of July.  It has been awfully not here and even our air conditioner didn't like it and quit.  But a new one is in place and we are comfortable again.

For this Tea Cup Tuesday I am going to start instead with a Tea Set that I have up in my shop.  It is copper and I think it is quite stunning.
 And here it is show with a gravy boat and some bone dishes.  I have it up on a nice little drum table up in the "library" section of my shop.  Settle down for a "cuppa" and a good book.
 And since it IS Teacup Tuesday I am showing you a tea cup and saucer I found recently at a flea market.  Don't remember which one.  It was no doubt made in Japan.   And is hand painted.  Pretty bright little flowers, maybe poppies????  There was no mark on the bottom.  Probably originally had a sticker telling about it.


     


Meanwhile Thanks for visiting my site today.......

After you visit my post today be sure to check out  these other tea posts.


                                                            ALSO: Rose Chintz Cottage

5 comments:

Snap said...

The copper tea set is lovely. Love the color with the pretty teacup from Japan. Happy Tea Day!

Michelle said...

What a lovely, copper tea set! The tea cup and saucer is such a great flea market find. I love the colors and floral design.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Beth,
The copper set is lovely as well as the crescent shaped dishes. A cute teacup too. Thank you for sharing with my Anne Tea and have a marvellous day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Terri said...

Lovely! I think your little Japanese cup is so sweet, the coloring too, orange and green. The copper tea set is very nice as well.
Hugs,
Terri

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

That is a real stunning teacup and saucer- it's gorgeous, and actually worth something for collectors! Hang onto that treasure for sure!

Lovely post, thanks for sharing!